In a rural Ontario setting, rolling hills of crops, naturalized meadows and distant tree lines set the stage for this rural contemporary style home. Clean lines beautifully intersect the topography as the prairie style architecture takes root on a plateau with big sky vistas in all directions.
In keeping with the style of the home, the client desired similar clean lines throughout the landscape, but with the softening textures of meadow plantings and authenticity of natural materials. The result is a stunning and calm rural landscape with multiple destination points, a plethora of amenities, beautiful views, functional spaces, and comfortable microclimates – simply something for everyone.
- Almost 3 acres of complete landscaping
- Infinity pool
- Multiple Ipe decks
- Linear burn fire feature
- Screened in living room
- Natural stone patios, walls and staircases
- Underground pool house “bunker”
- Outdoor gym & hot tub,
- Timberframe pergola
- Pond restoration, drainage and retention
- Roundabout stone & paver driveway
- Naturalized meadows & garden beds
- Site remedial design, site planning, Site Drainage and grading
- Harsh weather conditions requiring wind screening, protection, snow load areas and smart planting design
- Expansive areas to landscape and provide natural areas of environmental stewardship
- Underground poolhouse bunker design
- Transition from contemporary ‘rural’ house to naturalized meadows
Our whole Landmark experience was very professional from start to finish. Darren and his team built upon our original ideas and developed a landscape plan that was very creative, integrating different textures and plantings seamlessly into the surrounding moraine.
Jeff led a construction crew that built quality in from the foundations up and were a pleasure to work with. Warranty work was never challenged, even after two of the coldest and harshest winters on record. Overall we are delighted with the finished product and would recommend Landmark to anyone who is looking for a top quality product and experience.
– John & Sandra Galt